Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Very Vintage ATC Series- ATC's 1-4

As some of you may know I am part of a Tim Holtz loving group that swaps through swapbot. I LOVE this group and the amazing ladies in it. I have been running a "Very Vintage ATC" series for the past few months (and will continue to do so as long as people are enjoying themselves!) and I wanted to share my first four creations with you. (For those of you who don't know- an ATC is an Artists Trading Card and has to be 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches in size).

The first swap in this series was titled, "A Very Vintage Christmas ATC." I created the following ATC by using a couple different graphics from The Graphics Fairy Blog- a fantastic site to find a vast array of vintage images. I cut out a second cape and placed it over the first one using dimensional adhesives to give this card more visual interest (the affect can't be fully appreciated in this particular photo).
The second swap in this series was, "A Very Vintage Free Theme ATC." I had a lot of fun creating this and spent a lot of time with it as well (or at least more time than an ATC usually takes me) due to the multiple step process and drying times of certain elements. I used a real vintage book page as the background and collaged using cut-outs from the Conservatory stack by 7 Gypsies (which a lurve). I also used a few Tim Holtz products (like the file folder tab die and distress inks).
For the third swap I of course went with a valentine theme- "A Very Vintage Valentine ATC." Again I used images from The Graphics Fairy Blog. In fact, the little boy and girl were two completely separate images, but they so obviously belonged together in my opinion. The girl was originally holding a bow which I cut out of her hand and placed the heart to make it look as if she was taking it from the little boy. The background is done with a variety of Tim's grunge stamps using distress inks and the words were printed off my computer.
The most recent swap in this series was, "A Very Vintage Lady ATC" in celebration of March being National Women's History month. I covered my ATC base using a section of real sewing pattern which I then stamped on top of. I also stamped the women onto sticky back canvas and colored the dresses with distress inks. Once dry, I cut them out and placed them over the original stamped dresses. Again, the texture and dimension of this can only really be appreciated with the card in hand.

I had never even heard of ATC's until I joined swapbot, but now I thoroughly enjoy creating them... they are such a great way to expand your creativity and practice new techniques and styles while also fine-tuning the things you are already great at!
As always
Angela
If you have any questions on supplies used please feel free to ask! And you know I do love any and all comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your awesome comments are much appreciated!