Monday, July 11, 2011

Where, Oh Where Have I Been?

I've been a little MIA lately... not just on my blog, but my etsy shop as well. So where have I been and what have I been up to? Well, I've been down the crafting rabbit hole. Let me explain... I am part of an online community called Swap Bot. This is a forum for joining in on public or private swaps with people from all over the world (or just your own region if you prefer) for almost ANYTHING your heart desires to swap. A few months ago an incredible group was started called the Tim Holtz Addicts group which I was invited to become a member of and was then made an officer. I was in craft heaven! As a lover of the Tim Holtz aesthetic I had finally found my "home" and proceeded to host and join in on many swaps. Since then most of my crafting time has been consumed with creating items for these swaps. I am also now a co-founder of the group which has been great! Needless to say my etsy shop and my blog naturally fell to the way-side. Hopefully I will be able to get back into the swing of things. As a start, let me share some of the things I have made in the past couple months for various swaps. And believe me, this is just a very small sampling. Ok, enough of my chit chat (or should I call it "type tap"?).

This is a charm bracelet I created for a swap I hosted. It now has a loving home in Switzerland!
These guys are images from the Tim Holtz Steampunk stamp set from Stampers Anonymous. I used them to create these little bottle cap magnets.
And here they are again (can you tell I love this stamp?)! These were made for a Tim Holtz Fragments swap.
This tag is made from all recycled materials and the use of Distress Inks and alcohol inks (both from Ranger). The wing of the bird moves!
Here is my second matchbox (which is also now in Switzerland with the same proud owner of the charm bracelet). I had sooo much fun making this and finding all the tiny elements for the inside. These are addictive to make!

Well, like I said-- that is just a small sampling of what I have been up to. You can view so much more on my Flickr Photostream. I hope you'll be inspired to fall down your own crafting rabbit hole!
As always
Angela

2 comments:

  1. I fell in that same hole (swap-bot)...there are worse addictions I'm sure :) Congrats on all your new "toys"...have fun creating!! Love the Tim Holtz creations...I have not tried any of his inspired techniques but yours are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from a post on Aussie Scrap Source. I'm hoping you will come play along in a Papercraft challenge this week at Papercraftstar.blogspot.com on Steampunk or metal! I know you would rock it!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete

Your awesome comments are much appreciated!