Saturday, March 19, 2011

Adventures (I Am Trying To Have) In... Scrapbooking!

Ok... if you know me, you know I am crazy passionate about card making and paper crafting (tags, gift boxes, ATC's, altered items, etc...). There's no doubt about it, it's just part of who I am. However, what you may not know is that I am super terrified of scrapbooking! Yes, I know... it probably sounds silly, but I just have this huge creative block when it comes to scrapbooking. I used to be able to trace it back to my fear of cutting up my photographs. See, back when this was all new to me I had this assumption that in order to scrapbook I would have to cut all of my photographs into crazy shapes or something which made me feel like I might cut out something important. I have recently learned this is not the case at all! I have been checking out a lot of scrapbooking related magazines, books, websites, etc. lately and most of what I've seen is photographs in their original shape and size or at least very close to it. I have always wanted to scrapbook and now that I don't feel terrified of having to chop up all my precious memories I have decided to give it a try!

I recently purchased the book Scrapbooking Made Easy by Simple Scrapbooks and Leisure Arts (which I believe is a magazine publication). The very first chapter covered all my fears! I felt it was a paper crafting sign. I've dug out my daughter's first birthday photos, selected the ones I want to scrap and am ready to get started! (Oh... I already had the scrapbook. I bought it about 8 months ago with this exact purpose in mind. See... I told you I have a creative block for scrapbooking)! So yes... album (check), photos (check), can-do spirit (check)! Wish me luck!

As always
Angela

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're getting into scrapbooking. Once I started I was hooked and I can sympathize with your feeling of not wanting to cut up pictures. That's why I'm so thankful for digital photography! Oh all of your cards are just beautiful...I've been meaning to get more into card making so I'm sure I will be back!

    Flutterflies22- Swap-bot

    ReplyDelete

Your awesome comments are much appreciated!