Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Butterflies, Copics and Scissors... Oh, My! (Again)

This is something I like to do when I'm doing craft time with my precious little 2 1/2 year old daughter... I stamp a bunch of images and then color them with Copics while she paints. Not only is it fun and relaxing, it's also a great way to prep a lot of images for future use. I just got this great stamp set with my Hero Arts order a couple days ago. It's called Antique Engravings (CL383) and I LOVE it! These butterflies are so great. The inspiration for these came from this youtube video by Jennifer McGuire. Here they are all cut out... I just love how vivid they are! Here are the Copic colors I used:

  • Purple butterfly: V12, V15

  • Gray butterfly: W-3, B63

  • Red butterfly: R22, R35

  • Yellow butterfly:Y17, YR68

  • Butterfly body: E57
And here is a card I created this evening using one of the gray butterflies...

I embossed a lovely gray textured card stock from my Neutrals Mat Stack (DCWV) with the Divine Swirls embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I then used sand paper to distress the raised areas of the embossed paper. I heat embossed the butterfly with three layers of Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (and VersaMark) to create a gorgeous glossy butterfly! Before the butterfly cooled too much I bent the wings up slightly to give a nice dimensional affect.



3 comments:

  1. These are spectacular Angela! This is my favourite stamp set of all times and I also do exactly what you do! My best part - just staring at them once I have cut them out and have them all in a large pile! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing info on the stamps, I am going to have to check these out. I can see these stamped and coloured on vellum! Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

Your awesome comments are much appreciated!