Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feeding The Addiction: Part 1

If you know me, you know I have a serious problem... and they say the first step toward recovery is admitting it. So, here goes. I am a craft supply addict. There. I said it. And with that being said... my addiction was fed today! I received my most recent order from Joann.com (which felt like it took forever to get here). First I'm going to show you what I got...

  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies: Petite Oval Large, Petite Scallop Oval Large and Labels Eleven
  • Penny Black Rubber Stamp: Poppies (LOVE this one)!
  • Stampabilities House Mouse Rubber Stamps: Gentle Rain and Baby Blocks (I think the House Mouse stamps are just adorable)

I also got the Sizzix Bigz XL A2 Envelope Die #2, but it is being returned. There wasn't anything wrong with it- it just wasn't what I had expected as far as design/assembly of the envelope. Now onto what I've made so far with my new goodies (because if you use it, even just once, then it means you really did need it)!


This card was created by stamping the Poppies image onto Neenah card stock then coloring the image using my Copic markers in R14, YR18, YR68 and G05. I die cut the image (and the green card stock) using the Labels Eleven dies. The sentiment is by Hero Arts. There are dimensional adhesives between the stamped image and the green card stock. What I love about this stamp so much is it is so easy and fun to color, but it is so strikingly beautiful!


The next card was created pretty much the same way- by stamping the image separately and coloring with Copics. The colors I used for this great stamp are:

  • Flower: Y11, Y15, Y11
  • Stem and Leaves: G03, Y11
  • Rain: BG10
  • Grass: YG06, G05
  • Mouse: E00, E21, E33, E57 and R20 for the nose
The sentiment is also from Hero Arts. It originally says "sending you sunshine and laughter," but I thought leaving it at "sending you sunshine" fit this card much better. Even though the image was stamped on white card stock, I used Antique Linen Distress Ink and the foam blending tool from Ranger to add the subtle background color. Also, the image was die cut using the largest die in the Labels Eleven set so I just adhered it to the green card stock and cut around it. There are dimensional adhesives between the green card stock and the card base.


Here is more of a close up. I just love how it turned out!



Thanks so much for letting me share my goodies with you! Have your own craft supply addiction? Leave me a comment about it!

As always

Angela

PS. I am currently waiting on ANOTHER order from Joann.com. *GRIN* Don't worry... I'll be sure to share that one with you, too!

7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, lovely images beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww the mouse and flower is so cute! nice blog.

    btw, i'm now following your blog now :)

    - memtree (http://consciousness-collection.blogspot.com/) from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your stamps too
    www.patriciasfabricart .blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mousy under the daffodil is adorable.

    JustIngrid swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring on these 2 cards is amazing! I like this Penny Black stamp too & who doesn't love House Mouse. Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS yes, I'm quite addicted myself. You can never have too many stamps (or pens or pencils or...)
    I usually feed my addiction at simonsaysstamp.com but frequent JoAnns regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are wonderful with Copics! I wish I had the patience for them or I wish the stamps would stamp in full color ! leecytx from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete

Your awesome comments are much appreciated!