Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Goodies Galore!

Today was a GREAT day for crafting goodies! I found this cute little scrapbooking store in my area that carries a lot of great stuff that the large chains don't. I've pretty much tapped out the large chains so I'm trying to find smaller, locally owned stores that carry the more unique items that you can usually only find online. Anyway, after I got home, the mailman brought me my most recent joann order. Woo hoo!! Here's what I got- a lot of stuff I can't wait to play around with! I am so excited about giving these dies a try. They have so much potential- so many uses! I also got some more grungeboard which will be great to use with my new dies! (Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix dies: Hanging Sign and Hardware Findings). Also, as you can see in the photo above I got the larger size Craft Sheet. I already have the smaller size, but I decided it was time to upgrade to a larger surface. Next I ordered some more Distress Inks! I've pretty much been using the same ones for everything and I felt it was time to branch out with the colors to get a refreshed feel to my work. Only one issue came up with this order and that is I was supposed to get Victorian Velvet, but I received Stormy Sky instead. I won't complain because I did want to add that color to my collection too, but it's never cool when your order is messed up. I'll just have to grab Victorian Velvet next time. Anyway, the colors I got are (not listed in order of the picture): Mustard Seed, Faded Jean, Bundled Sage, Chipped Sapphire, Crushed Olive, Spun Sugar and Stormy Sky.

Here's something else I've been super excited to get... Perfect Pearls Mists! I saw Tim demonstrate this new product on the HSN and I was instantly enthralled. I ordered (from right to left): Forever Red, Perfect Pearl, Forever Violet, Turquoise and Heirloom Gold. There are a total of 12 Perfect Pearls Mist colors so far, but I figured these would be a good place for me to start. I also ordered a Paint Dabber in Snow Cap. I've never used one before, but I wanted to at least give it a try before deciding I didn't like it. I joined a Paint Dabber resist technique swap which gave me the perfect excuse to give it a go!

Next up are the goodies I purchased from Joys Of Life Scrapbooking. I got a couple Hero Arts clear stamp sets (Dictionary Greetings- CL479 and Made With Love- CL491), some gorgeous gray ribbon for a card project I am working on, my first Stickles (in Lavender), a couple of Liquid Pearls (in Lavender Lace and Rouge) and this really cool chipboard book from Maya Road.



On top of all that I also got to go thrift shopping today and found some AWESOME things for altering and some great things for organizing some of my supplies. See... I told you it was a GREAT day for crafting goodies!


As always

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your awesome comments are much appreciated!