Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Accidents

While the words "happy" and "accident" don't often go together, when it comes to crafting these are two of my favorite words to combine. To me a "happy accident" is when you make a mistake or do something unintentional which results in a wonderful and unexpected outcome.

Here is a recent example of one of my favorite "happy accidents." I had been meaning to create an entire card of peacock feathers, but the background stamp I was using failed to leave an impression near the middle of the card. For a brief moment I was bummed to have to start over, but then I saw an even better opportunity present itself to me. I was able to use the empty space for an actual peacock and the over-all affect came out far better than my original idea.



So basically what I'm saying is don't be afraid to make mistakes! Mistakes are often success in disguise and it is in our greatest mistakes that we often find our greatest work.

Peacock Post Card
  • White 4x6 cardstock
  • Background: Ranger Alcohol Inks
  • Stamps: Fiskars ("Plumage")
  • Finishing Touches: Gloss Mod-Podge

**This PC was created for a handmade post card swap.

As always

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your awesome comments are much appreciated!